The meeting was called to order at by Chairman, Don Holden. Also attending were Kathy Brundage, David Hallenbeck by phone, Robin Julian, Dick Martini, Helen Rowe and Library Director, Amy Lapointe.
The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as read.
Brad Galinson, the representative to the Trustees from the Board of Selectmen was present.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT:
· Monthly and year end statistics were presented. (See attached)
· HVAC problems are being worked on and should be completed soon.
· The Library is now operating on its summer schedule. The Library will be closed over the Labor Day weekend September 1-3. Regular weekend hours will resume on Saturday, September 8.
· New museum passes have been received.
· Both the children’s and the adult summer reading programs have been very successful. Plans are underway for the Big Read coming in the fall.
· GMILCS has scheduled vendor demonstrations for September.
· The new Ways and Means representatives to the Library are Chris Nowlan and Dee Fasoli. They will be involved with the draft budget schedule. Amy will see if they will be available to attend the September meeting.
· Amy presented her goals for the coming year. (See attached)
· A discussion was held on long term goals. It was decided to ask Bruce Berry and the Ways & Means representatives to the next meeting to discuss long range maintenance issues.
OLD BUSINESS: There was no old business.
NEW BUSINESS: Amy presented a draft of the new investment policy. The Board unanimously accepted the proposed policy.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at
Helen D. Rowe, Secretary
The next meeting will be held on Monday, September 17 at