Minutes of the
The meeting was called to order at by Chairman, Don Holden. Also attending were David Hallenbeck, Tom
Head, Richard Martini, Helen Rowe and Library Director, Amy Lapointe. The minutes of the
Library Director’s Report:
· The monthly statistics were presented. (See Attached) The Reference Tally was tabled until next month.
· The roof leak seems to be stopped. Amy is waiting for information regarding the electric upgrade. There was unanimous agreement to use some of the Sue Blakeman memorial funds for furniture for the new patio.
· The annual Friends of the Library luncheon is Friday, May 19. A huge crowd attended the opening of the Student Art Show.
· The Town is having Bill Drescher present information on the Right to Know Laws, regulations for posting meetings and minutes and other information that town boards should be aware of on May 23.
· The Summer Reading Program is being planned. It will be literacy based with the emphasis on quality over quantity. Amy will invite the Children’s Librarian to our next meeting to discuss her plans.
· The website has a new feature called “Today in Literature”. The yearly cost for this is $45.00.
Jackie Marshall and Susan Fisher of the
Historical Society have developed a catalogue of holdings at the
· The Board unanimously accepted Amy’s recommendation to close the Library on Monday, July 3 at .
· Amy attended a workshop on “Branding your Library”.
· New staff members were announced.
The Board voted to enter into a non-public session at . The Board voted to exit the session at
Treasurer’s Report: All accounts are where they should be at this point in the year.
.Gifts: The Board unanimously accepted the following gifts;
$900.00 in memory of Sue Blakeman.
Technology: Dave will present a brief program at the next meeting.
Programming: Tom is working on the Boardman Concert program.
Old Business: Dave, Tom and Don presented brief reports on the NHLTA Meeting.
New Business: Amy has reviewed the Non-resident Circulation Policy as a result of a request by a non-resident.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at
The next meeting is
Helen D. Rowe, Secretary