Minutes of the
The meeting was called to order at by Chairman, Don Holden. Also attending were David Hallenbeck, Tom Head, Robin Julian, Bob Lown, Richard Martini, Helen Rowe and Library Director, Amy Lapointe. The minutes of February 22, 2006 meeting were approved as read.
Election of Officers: The following officers were unanimously elected;
Chairman: Don Holden
Vice Chairman: Bob Lown
Treasurer: Bob Lown
Recording Secretary: Helen Rowe
Corresponding Secretary: Robin Julian
Program Chairman: Tom Head
Assistant Treasurer & Building and Grounds Chairman: Dick Martini
Technology Chairman: Dave Hallenbeck
Library Director’s Report:
· The monthly statistics were presented. (See Attached)
The trial run on cki
(checked in items) through GMILCS begins April 1. The child friendly KidsHIP ( an online
catalogue) will begin soon and will be available for searches in the children’s
· Friends of the Library are looking into fundraising ideas using the internet. Laura Johnson will coordinate the professional art exhibits.
· Page Jeff Houle is resigning. Emilea Raymond will fill this vacancy. The position description is currently being reworked to read as a temporary two year position.
· Electrical work is being done. There will be a dedication of the tree in the new back garden in memory of Mary Donovan in June.
· The community poetry event was canceled due to an excess of programming. A four week Mom and Baby yoga program has been added. With 1 remaining program the “Sundays at 4” series has been a big success. Two groups of storytimes have been consolidated. A 2 month trial period has been established for the Amherst Chess Club which wishes to meet weekly on Saturday afternoons.
· An additional computer has been set up in the children’s room for searching databases only. Four computers are targeted for student use.
· If all goes well the contract with Overdrive for downloadable Audio will be signed by Michael York during the PLA. The projected go-live date is in early June. Surplus money from re-negotiated database contracts will be used to buy several players.
· The annual NHLTA Conference will be held on Wednesday, April 26, from
· The PLA (Public Library Association) meeting are being held from March 21-25. Ruslyn, Jackie, Amy, Sarah and Sally are attending at various times.
Treasurer’s Report: Spending is in line at this time. A discussion was held as to possible uses of the money in the Trustee of the Trust Funds. The Junior Women’s Club denied our request for shelving
.Gifts: The Board unanimously accepted the following gift;
$215.00 NH Humanities Council grant for adult fishing program
Technology: Don brought in information on Digital Books.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at
The next meeting is
Helen D. Rowe, Secretary