After our annual Chinese Dinner the meeting was called to order at by Chairman, Don Holden. Also attending were Kathy Brundage, William Cassidy, David Hallenbeck, Robin Julian, Richard Martini, Helen Rowe and Library Director, Amy Lapointe.
VISITORS: Brad Galinson, the BOS representative was present.
MINUTES: The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as read.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT:
· Monthly statistics were presented. (See attached) Amy pointed out that December was the slowest month of the year.
· Building concerns: Heat in the Children’s room was a problem. The insurance company verified that the Atherton painting is covered even if the alarm is off. There was another roof leak but DPW shoveled the snow off. The roofers have been contacted. A downstairs storage closet has been cleaned and organized to make room for cable equipment.
The regular story hours are beginning
again. The 4 year olds and up now meet
at 4:00 PM. Cooper comes to read once a month.
Adult programs are planned for the rest of the year. Planning has begun on the Summer Reading
Programs that will have their own theme, “Vote for
· Two new pages have begun work, Emily Martina and Caroline Kimberly.
· GMILCS has sent out questionnaires relating to RFIQ and is talking to references. Amy is hopeful that the new automated service migration will begin in August.
· Work is continuing on cleaning and organizing the Archives Room. Plans include locating the circulating local history books in here with a locked cabinet containing the non-circulating materials. The Civil War books may need to be moved.
A challenge to libraries from the Robert &
Karin Finlay Foundation to increase membership from
BUDGET: The Town has requested some reductions. Following their guidelines Amy has reduced the budget by 1%. A need to increase the Trustees budget by $300.00 to cover continuing education expenses was discussed. A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to reduce the Town side of the budget $300. A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to increase the Trustees budget by $300.
LAND WARRANT: A discussion was held on the possible revised wording of Article 21 relating to the Library Land Fund. Concerns by the Trustees over the possible limiting of our options were discussed. A motion to “broaden the purpose of the existing Library Land Capital Reserve Fund to include the Library Facility Expansion or Renovation Capital Reserve Fund” was made, seconded and unanimously approved. Brad will also check with Attorney Drescher as to whether the wording expresses correctly our intent.
· There was no Old Business.
· Amy announced that she is expecting early in July and will be on leave July, August and September. Congratulations were extended from all!
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at
Helen D. Rowe, Secretary
The next meeting will be held on